- Question: We need to figure out how to report our hospital data. What do we do first?
Answer: You must first submit your hospital registration and MIS system access forms which you can find at the FOID Reporting web site. Your forms will be processed within a day or two and you will be contacted via email with a password for the web site.
- Question: How is our hospital going to be required to report this data? We understand there is a web site for the upload, what we need to know is if the site will accept a flat file or will the data entry be manual?
Answer: A hospital can report data one patient at a time by doing data entry or send a whole file - very similar to the way you have done it up to this point. The file format is the same....you just submit it online instead of copying it to a disk and mailing it.
- Question: We understand that the timing of the submission will be weekly. How are the weeks going to be determined? Is it Sunday to Sunday? Is it the first week of the month, then second etc? How many days after the week is over is the submission required? So if it is Sunday to Sunday, how many days later will the submission be required?
Answer: You are required to report an individual within 7 days. You can report any day of the week you wish. We recommend that you establish a day for regular reporting (e.g. every Wednesday or Friday, etc.). The system will monitor how long it has been since your last submission and report that to the Administrators of this system. If we have not seen a report from you within the last 7 days you are late in reporting.
- Question: Are there any data requirements changes for our hospital reporting?
Answer: As of 9/01/2012 all hospitals and nursing homes are required to report an admission type of voluntary or involuntary on the admission. An involuntary admission is one that is court ordered and must have a court document to support this information. All other admissions are considered voluntary. Also, added on 9/01/2012 are the data elements of hair color, eye color, height and weight. These entries are optional.
- Question: What do I report if we have not had any admissions or discharges within the last 7 days?
Answer: You can select Provider on the menu bar and the drop down will show you a "Nothing to Report" option. This page is used to inform the Deparment of Human Services that a provider has had no new admissions in the previous week. This satisfies the requirement that providers submit information about new admissions every seven days. Select submit to transmit the information to the Unified Health System.
- Question: How often must I change my password?
Answer: The system will prompt you to change your password every 30 calendar days.
- Question: How to request additional user ID's?
Answer: Some facilities prefer to have more than one person signed up to submit their data. Just complete an additional MIS system access form for each additional person needed as part of your submission packet.
- Question: What if I lose my password or forget what it was?
Answer: For password assistance contact Michael.Goza@Illinois.gov.