State of Illinois
Rod R. Blagojevich, Governor
Department of Human Services
Carol L. Adams, Ph.D., Secretary
Join Us In Commemorating the 18th anniversary of the Signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sponsored by the Illinois Department of Human Services in cooperation with numerous State Agencies and Councils
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph Street, Chicago
(Between Lake and Randolph & Clark and LaSalle Streets)
July 15, 2008, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Art exhibit and fashion show featuring works made by persons with disabilities and hands-on arts activities curated by The Center for the Arts at Little City Foundation. The Center for the Arts is funded in part by the Illinois Arts Council.
- Informational workshops on ADA issues. Supported in part by Equip for Equality, the Illinois ADA Project, and DBTAC: Great Lakes ADA Center
- Three-on-three wheelchair basketball exhibition. Supported by the Northeast DuPage Special Recreation Association featuring athletes from the Special Recreation Association Network of Illinois
- ADA Help Table
- Exhibits from a variety of federal, state and local organizations
- Entertainment provided by performers with disabilities
- The entire event is free and accessible
- (312) 793-0034 (Voice)
- (312) 793-3597 (TTY) or
- (888) 614-2385 (TTY/Nextalk)
ADA 08 Live the Dream (pdf)