1/23/2008 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Hay-Edwards Building, Room 325, 400 W Lawrence, Springfield
Teleconference Number: 1-800-930-8829
If you need a special accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of this meeting is for web developers and other technical staff to finalize the IITAA Implementation Guidelines for Web-Based Information and
Applications. Specifically, we will discuss the following suggested changes:
- 1.3 - Change "Provide meaningful page titles" to "Provide unique and meaningful page titles."
- 1.4 - Change to "Use headings to introduce sections and sub-sections, and use them in the correct order" to "Use headings to introduce sections and sub-sections, and use them in the logical and hierarchical order."
- 1.5 - Change "Use lists to identify series of related items, including navigation menus" to "Use list markup to organize items in navigation menus."
- 4.1 - Change "Provide 'alternate text' for all images" to "Provide 'alternate text' for all non-decorative images."
- 6.4/7.3 (new) - Add "Provide always playing the audio/multimedia content using external player."
- 10.1 - Include "radio buttons" in the "What" section.
- 11 - Add "Avoid using colspan and rowspan."
- 11 - Add "Avoid using nowrap."
- 12.1 - Change "Provide titles for frames" to "Provide concise, unique, and understandable titles for frames."
- 17.1 - Change "When using tables for layout, make sure ensure that reading order is logical" to "Avoid using tables for layout."
If you cannot participate in the teleconference, but would like to send comments or questions, please email them to email@example.com, by Tuesday, January 22, 2008.