- John Cunningham, CMS
- Andy Georgopoulos, CMS
- Dave Porter
- Melissa Romanotto, DHS DRS
- Ron Sanderson, CMS
- Mike Scott, DHS DRS
- Confirm draft recommendations for procurement language with CMS Legal and then post for committee review.
- Finalize the technical requirements.
- Schedule an interest group/"kick off" meeting for early February.
- How does the procurement process work?
Usually the purchasing agency goes through the charter process and addressing the IITAA standards is part of that process. Also, CMS BOSSAP inserts the requirements into IFBs, RFPs, contract boilerplates, etc. This process covers the majority of purchases and development.
- How can we make the State entities aware of their responsibilities?
Send a formal letter to agency heads, State Purchasing Officers, Chief Information Officers including the State CIO, agency legal counsels, university presidents, constitutional offices, etc. We also will host an interest group/"kick off" meeting in February.
- How can we notify the public?
We can post a FAQ targeted to the public and consumers. We also will touch base with NFBI (National Federation of the Blind, Illinois) who introduced the bill to help them get the word out to their members and other interested parties.
The next IITAA Workgroup Teleconference will be held on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at the Hay-Edwards Building, Room 325, 400 W Lawrence, Springfield from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM. The teleconference number is 1-800-930-8829. The passcode is 9125949#. If you need a special accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.