Advisory Council Meeting
Illinois Newborn Hearing Program
December 13th, 2007
Thank you for attending this year's advisory council meeting.
Please sign in on the attendance sheet.
The meeting will be run by the co-chairs: Dr. Dianne Meyer and Dr. Myrtis Sullivan
- Welcome and introductions
- Review of the November 1st minutes
- Comments from Representative Hamos
From email dated October 30th, 2007"… a message to pass along to the Advisory Committee: we need to organize a spring legislative campaign to provide appropriate tracking, follow-up and treatment for babies who have tested positively on their hearing screen. In order to be successful, we will need the Advisory Committee to be involved in:
- Creating a clearly defined plan on what services are needed statewide, and how much those services will cost
- Specific examples of babies who received services, and those who did not
- real live anecdotes about babies with hearing loss are critical to this type of legislative campaign."
- Discussion/review of the business plan
- Develop a plan of action for the Committee, in relation to state monetary support of newborn hearing screening
- Committee Membership
- Comments and questions
- Next meeting:
Questions and / or comments will be addressed following the presentation of information for each agenda item listed. Please be recognized by the chair before comment. We have several people attending by conference call so it is imperative that everyone hold their comments until recognized.