Active cases containing Item 80 352 code with a G or S in Supplied By already receive the appropriate Standard Medical Deduction. No action is taken.
- (System) The first work day of each month, matches spenddown cash payments that are greater than $35 made in the prior calendar month by RIN. Creates Mobius Family Community Resource Center Report #50471591, Pay-in Spenddown Payments Centrally Budgeted for SNAP, for review in Mobius the 3rd work day of the month.
- (System) For active and inactive group 22 cases containing Item 80 352 code with an A in Supplied By, uses TA 31/TAR C5, to enter Item 80 code 382 FSPME with the amount of the payment and the mm/yy the payment is budgeted in Item 80 code 352 TME. These cases will appear on Mobius Report #50471591 with SNAP status of active or inactive.
- (FCRC) When the case is in group 22 , the case contains Item 80 352 code with an A in Supplied By or no Item 80 352 code, and SNAP benefits are inactive, adds the pay-in spenddown payment amount to the 352 code if processing an SNAP approval for the effective month in Item 80 and;
- SNAP benefits are issued by mercury if the case is not active when central budgeting occurs; or
- when a case is transferred using the long transfer-in process.
- (System) For all other categories, enters code 382 only if SNAP benefits are active and the case contains Item 80 352 code with an A in Supplied By or no Item 80 352 code.
- (FCRC) Review and remove any medical expenses in Item 80 code 352 TME that should not be included in the SNAP calculation as a medical expense deduction when spenddown is met and expenses are covered by the medical card.
- (System) At each schedule cut off if the case contains Item 80 352 code with an A in Supplied By no Item 80 352 code, adds the pay-in spenddown payment amount to Code 352. If the case contains no Item 80 352 code, adds the 352 code with the appropriate Standard Medical Deduction amount.
- Recalculates SNAP benefits and if reduced sends Form 157c with message: The amount of medical expenses allowed as a SNAP deduction has decreased. PM 13-01.
- Uses TA 32/TAR C6 to delete Code 382 .
NOTE: The system uses TA 32/TAR 00 to delete code 382 FSPME if there is no change in the SNAP benefit amount. When more than one payment is made during the month the system totals all payments received and allows as one medical expense deduction for the budget month. If payments are to be budgeted for two different months the system will show a duplicate entry of Code 382 to hold the payment amounts. The case information and payments will appear on the Mobius Report effective for the appropriate regular roll month.
Example: Mr. S, age 64, has an active 92 case with SNAP and lives in an SLF. His monthly spenddown is $300. He pays monthly an AARP insurance premium of $100 and purchases 3 RX's for $75 so he is entitled to the Standard Medical Deduction of $485 since he lives in an SLF. Mr. S enrolls in the Pay-in Spenddown Program. He sends a payment of $300 the Pay-in Spenddown Unit and requests that his spenddown be met for March.No action is taken as there is already a 352 code in Item 80 with a G in the Supplied By column.
Example: Ms. J, age 70, has an active 91 spenddown case with SNAP benefits. Ms. J's spenddown is $93. She has enrolled in the Pay-in Spenddown program and sends her first payment of $93 in November to the central Pay-in Spenddown Unit. On December 1 a file match is made of Ms. J's $93 payment. On December 3, Mobius Report #50471591, Pay-in Spenddown Payments Centrally Budgeted for SNAP is produced showing Ms. J's payment to be budgeted effective for December. The last month of Ms. J's SNAP approval period is December.
On December 18, Ms. J files her REDE application which is after schedule cut-off for January. Because Ms. J SNAP benefits are not active for January the pay-in spenddown payment is not budgeted at schedule cut-off (12/17) for January. Using the Mobius Report, the HSC determines that the customer made a $93 payment that should be budgeted as a medical expense for her January SNAP. The worker enters the $245 in code 352 TME and a S in Supplied By when processing the SNAP mercury for January since the customer has verified medical expenses over $35 and is entitled to the Standard Medical Deduction.
Example: Ms. B, age 65, has an active 91 spenddown case with SNAP benefits. Ms. B's spenddown is $200. She enrolls in the Pay-in Spenddown Program and sends her first payment of $200 in November to the central Pay-in Spenddown Unit. On December 1 a file match is made of Ms. B's payment. Mobius report #50471591, Pay-in Spenddown Payments Centrally Budgeted for SNAP is produced December 3. Using TA 31/TAR C5, the system enters Item 80 code 382 FSPME with the amount $245,and the date 01. At group 22 schedule cut-off for January, the system adds the $245 payment to code 352 TME, codes an S in Supplied By, and recalculates SNAP benefits. Following this transaction, the system using TA 32/TAR C6 to centrally delete code 382 FSPME.
Example: Mr. T has an active 93 case and is a SNAP component member on a TANF cash case in group 5. Mr. T is enrolled in the Pay-in Spenddown Program and sends $25 in November to the central Pay-in Spenddown Unit. On December 1, no file match is made of Mr. T's payment since it is below $35.