Pay-In Spenddown Unit Enrollment Actions
- Verify that the Pay-In Spenddown Enrollment Form is signed and that the client meets the criteria (unsigned forms will be returned to the client).
- If the client meets the criteria to enroll in Pay-In and signs and returns the enrollment form to the Pay-In Unit the Pay-In Unit will enroll case in Pay-In Spenddown. To enroll a case in the Pay-In Spenddown Program the Pay-In Spenddown Unit will perform a case change action. Enter date of the date stamp as the Pay-In Spenddown Enrollment Date, run eligibility and certify the case.
Statement Sent at Enrollment
Form HFS 458SP-5, Pay-In Spenddown Statement, is generated when case is enrolled or when the case is in unmet spenddown status. If spenddown is already met for the following month, the Statement will be generated for the next month in which the case is in unmet status as described below under 'Statement Sent Ongoing'.
- HFS 458SP-5 informs the client of their current spenddown amount.
- Clients with only an income spenddown have the option of paying their spenddown for up to 3 months beginning with the month following the calendar month of the Date of Notice.
- When the case contains an resource spenddown, the form will ask them to pay for only the first month following the Date of Notice. This is because the entire resource amount must be paid to meet spenddown.
Example 1: Ms. Slate has a category 91 case with a $200 monthly spenddown. Her signed Pay-In Spenddown Notice request, HFS 458SP-4, is received on 05/07. The Pay-in worker determines that Ms. Slate meets the program criteria. The worker enrolls Ms. Slate effective 05/09.
The system generates Pay-in Spenddown Statement, HFS 458SP-5, which informs Ms. Slate that she may pay-in $200 for 6/09, $200 for 07/09 and $200 for 08/09. Ms Slate has the option of paying for all three months or whichever month(s) she chooses.
Example 2: Mr. Rubble has a category 93 case with a $125 monthly income spenddown and a $1,000 asset spenddown. His signed Pay-in Spenddown Notice request, HFS 458SP-4, is received on 05/15.
The Pay-in worker determines that Mr. Rubble meets the program criteria. The worker enrolls Mr. Rubble effective 05/09.
The system generates Pay-in Spenddown Statement, HFS 458SP-5, which informs Mr. Rubble that to meet his spenddown for 06/09 he may pay-in $1,125 (total of $125 income and $1,000 asset spenddown amounts). After Mr. Rubble meets his asset spenddown, he will be allowed to pay up to 3 months in advance.
Statement Sent Ongoing
After initial enrollment, HFS 458SP-5 is generated at cutoff each month as long as the client is enrolled in Pay-in Spenddown. The notice is generated for the month following the next calendar month. The notice is not generated for months in which spenddown is already met.
Example 3: If spenddown is met from 06/09 through 08/09, a statement will not be generated at cutoff in May (for July) or June (for August). The next statement will be generated at cutoff in July. Form 458 SP-5 will inform the client that they have the option of paying their spenddown obligation beginning with 09/09.