All income and assets are exempt under this program.
An applicant must be diagnosed by a medical provider and found to be in need of treatment for breast or cervical cancer, or one of the precancerous cervical conditions listed below, as supported by a pathology report. A person must continue to meet this medical criteria to remain eligible:
- Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia, grade III (CIN III);
- Severe dysplasia of the cervix;
- High-Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion (HGSIL); or
- Atypical Glandular Cells (AGC) with a suspicion of adenocarcinoma in situ.
Additional Nonfinancial Criteria
To qualify for this program a person must also meet the following requirements:
- is an Illinois resident;
- is under the age of 65;
- is uninsured (see insurance coverage exceptions below);
- meets citizen or immigration requirements per PM 03-01-00;
- comply with Social Security Number policy per PM 03-11-00; and
- is not eligible for another HFS medical program.
Insurance Coverage Exceptions
A person with medical insurance may be eligible for this program under one of the following conditions:
- insurance coverage is limited (for example, it covers only dental, vision, long term care or a specified disease or illness);
- the lifetime benefits cap has been met or exceeded;
- plan excludes coverage for breast or cervical cancer or precancerous conditions; or
- the person is an American Indian or Alaska Native whose coverage is provided by a medical care program of the Indian Health Service or a tribal organization.