A denial code must be entered for each reason for denial of a TAP. Up to 3 denial codes may be entered. If more than 3 reasons exist, enter the 2 reasons that are the most significant and a third reason code Z "more than 3 reasons." The TAP denial message will appear on the Remittance Advice notice sent to the AKAA.
|TAP Denial Codes
||TAP Denial Messages
||The checklist/AKAA FAX sheet was not completed or attached.
||The application was not signed and dated, or signature date is not the same date the electronic application was submitted. (1.)
||All relevant questions were not answered.
||All pages of the application were not submitted.
||Social Security Number or proof of application for an SSN was not attached. (2.)
||Alien registration numbers and immigration documents were required but not submitted.
||A pregnant woman was applying and pregnancy was not verified.
||Sufficient proof of income was not attached.
||The signature date on the application is older than 30 days.
||Applicant's signature date was altered and applicant did not initial the change. (3.)
||Sufficient proof of deductions not included.
||AKAA contact completed their own application.
||Application sent to the wrong office.
||Medical only requested using 2378B. (4.)
||Web application verifications or signature page received more than 1 day after the application was submitted. (valid for All Kids Unit only)
||More than 3 reasons.
Use the list below for TAP denial codes B, E, L, Q and X.
- Obtain a signature for the application before registering.
- Use when the social security number is required for the person requesting medical benefits.
- Applies to application Form KC 2378MC only.
- Applies to application Form 2378B submitted via RealBenefits® by an AKAA.
- For system use only. AIS enters X on all case numbers following the first approval of a split application.
- Example 1: The question about health insurance was left blank. All other proofs are attached. The family is eligible for expedited food stamps. Request information about the health insurance. Process the expedited food stamps. If approving the medical only or TANF benefit, deny the TAP using denial code C.
- Example 2: Proof of reported Social Security income is missing from the application. Verify Social Security income using SOLQ. If approving the medical only or TANF benefit, deny the TAP using denial code I.
- Example 3: Form 2378B with a request for medical benefits only is sent to an FCRC. The application is missing required proof of pregnancy for the applicant. If approving the medical only or TANF benefit, deny the TAP using denial code QH.
- Example 4: Form 2378B is sent to the wrong FCRC. When sending the application to the correct office, include a note stating the application was received in the wrong office. The correct office receives and registers the application. If approving the medical only or TANF benefit, deny the TAP using denial code P.