What is the purpose of this service?
These services are available based on funding. If you are a child or adult who has a developmental disability and you are already receiving services, you may get help with:
- adaptive equipment
- speech and language therapy
- occupational therapy
- physical therapy, behavior therapy
- respite care
- Support Service Teams - On-site technical assistance and training for persons with a developmental disability. This service is for persons with the most challenging medical or behavioral concerns. Children must be receiving services to receive SST assistance, adults with developmental disabilities do not have to be receiving services.
How to Apply?
- The first and most important step you and your family can take to get help is to register with the Prioritization of Urgency of Need for Services (PUNS) database, the waiting list. To register, you must meet with an Independent Service Coordination Agency (ISC) for pre-admission screening to see if you are eligible for services.
- Search the DHS Office Locator for the PAS/ISC agency closest to you. Next to "County," select your county. If you are in Cook County, you must select "Cook" and then use your zip code. The agency that shows can help you learn more about the DD service system.