What is the purpose of this service?
To increase family reunification/preserve and stabilize families; and to divert or minimize involvement in the child welfare and/or juvenile justice systems.
Who can receive these services?
- Youth 11 to 17 years of age
- Youth who are at risk of involvement with the child welfare system
- Youth who are at risk of involvement with the juvenile justice system
- 24/7 Services are available to youth who:
- have been locked out of their home/parents will not allow them to return home
- have run away from home, or
- are beyond the control of parents and in immediate physical danger
- are homeless without their parents.
- DCFS wards are not eligible for CCBYS Services.
What services are offered?
- Statewide 24 hour crisis intervention services
- Juvenile justice system intervention services
- Ensure the safety of youth
- Individual and family crisis intervention
- Conduct Crisis/Safety Assessment
- Develop and implement crisis stabilization plan
- Reunification and family preservation services
- Provide Placement services for crisis youth - Shelter, foster care, etc.
- Conduct full YASI assessments (Initial Assessment, Reassessment and/or Closing Assessment)
- Conduct additional assessments as needed (mental health, substance abuse; trauma, etc.)
- Develop and implement an individualized case plan to address identified needs
- Work with youth and family to increase protective factors and decrease risk factors
- Develop and implement a discharge plan
- Provide appropriate referral and follow-up
See the Logic Model: CCBYS Logic Model
For additional CCBYS program information go to CCBYS Program Page
How to apply?
Anyone can request services for an eligible youth, including the youth.
To locate your closest provider for services: CCBYS Provider List or contact the toll-free CCBYS Information Line at 1-877-870-2663.
- Crisis Intervention Response System for assistance with placement of at risk youth: 1-877-870-2663
- USDHHS, Administration for Children & Families: Runaway & Homeless Youth Programs