The Office of the Inspector General conducts investigations of alleged abuse, neglect and exploitation of individuals with disabilities in three types of settings:
- Abuse/Neglect Investigations at DHS Facilities
- alleged abuse or neglect of someone residing in a DHS-operated psychiatric hospital (MHC) or developmental center (DC);
- Investigations into Abuse/Neglect in MH or DD services
- alleged abuse or neglect of someone receiving mental health or developmental disability services in a CILA, developmental training site, or other program run by a community agency; and
- Adults with Disabilities Abuse Intervention
- alleged abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an adult with disabilities in a domestic setting.