Developmental Disabilities Services

Helping Families. Supporting Communities. Empowering Individuals.

If you require any information in an alternative format, please contact 

How Do I Apply?

The first and most important step you and your family can take to get help is to register with the Waiting List/Prioritization of Urgency of Need for Services (PUNS) database.  To register, you must meet with a Pre-Admission Screening/Independent Service Coordination Agency (PAS/ISC) to see if you are eligible for services.

Search the DHS Office Locator for the PAS/ISC agency closest to you.

What Services May Be Available?

  • Residential Living Arrangements - Services that are provided in homes with staff available 24 hours per day.
  • In-Home Supports - Services and supports that will help people with developmental disability live more independently in their home.
  • Day Services - Skill training or job coaches to help you succeed in the workplace.
  • Other Supports - may be available if you are already receiving services. 
  • Support Service Teams - On-site technical assistance and training for persons with a developmental disability.  This service is for persons with the most challenging medical or behavioral concerns.

Contact Us

  • 1-888-DD-PLANS or (888) 337-5267
  • 1-866-376-8446 (TTY)
  • You can find the agency closest to you by using the DHS Office Locator. Next to "County," select your county.  This agency can help you learn more about the DD service system.
  • Filing Complaints About DD Services

Provider Information

More Information & Resources