Skip to Content
Department of Human Services
James T. Dimas, Secretary
Alcoholism & Addiction
Disability & Rehabilitation
Health & Medical
Pregnancy & Parenting
Violence & Abuse
Becoming a Provider
Centralized Repository Vault (CRV)
Licensure & Certification
Notice of Funding Opportunities
Access to Recovery
provides recovery home services
to clients in the National Guard
that are in recovery from alcohol and/or other drugs.
Emergency & Transitional Housing Program
gives immediate and comprehensive shelter services to homeless persons and persons at risk of becoming homeless.
- stabilizes individuals and families in their existing homes, shorten the amount of time that individuals and families stay in shelters and assist individuals and families with securing affordable housing.
provides a place to live and job services for youth who are 14 to 20 years of age that meet specific criteria.
- provides services and supports that will help people with developmental disabilities live more independently in their home.
Residential Living Arrangements
- provides people with developmental disabilities the care and services needed in homes with staff available 24 hours per day.
- provides supportive services coupled with housing to enable formerly homeless individuals and families, or those in danger of becoming homeless, who live in private housing to maintain their residence in the community.
- The fast, easy-to-use FREE search lets people look for rental housing. Provides detailed information and links to housing resources, helpful tools for renters such as an affordability calculator, rental checklist, and information about renter rights and responsibilities.
More Information & Resources
Illinois Hardest Hit Program
- Offering temporary mortgage payment assistance to households that are struggling with income loss due to unemployment or underemployment, but are working to regain sufficient income to keep their home.
Private and Government Home Modification Resources
- Home Modification make it safer and easier for people with disabilities to live independently.
Federal Public Housing Assistance customers may qualify for assistance to help pay for installation of telephone service and monthly charges for local phone service through the
Lifeline and Link-Up Telephone Assistance Programs
DHS Office Locator
Please use the
DHS Office Locator
DHS Help Line
State of Illinois
DHS Outlook Login