When a client tells the caseworker they want to cooperate:
(FCRC) For TANF Cash case when the mother is the client, have the client sign Agreement to Meet Program Requirements (Form 3180). If contact is by phone, worker signs and initials Form 3180. Worker files the original Form 3180 in Section I (Permanent) of the case record.
For Medical case or for a TANF Cash case where the mother is not the grantee, Form 3180 is not signed.
- (FRC) Reports to DCSE that client is willing to cooperate.
- [FRC (Cook County)] Contacts DCSE Cook County Intake Unit.
- [FRC (Downstate)] Contacts DCSE in Springfield once a day before noon and gives the following facts:
- FRC's name;
- Family Community Resource Center name;
- the reason for the call (i.e., reporting person as willing to cooperate); and
- the person by case name and number.
- (DCSE) Arranges new opportunity for client to cooperate and notifies client.
- (Client) Shows cooperation by:
- showing up for an interview with the child support worker; or
- showing up for an interview with the child support lawyer; or
- keeping the next court appearance; or
- submitting to a blood test; or
- attesting that all oral or written information has been given and is true and correct; or
- completing paternity forms.
- (DCSE) Sends the FCRC Change in Case/Non-Custodial Parent Status (Form 493B) when the client cooperates in the CSE activities.
- (FCRC) Receive Form 493B showing:
- the date the client said they wanted to cooperate with the CSE activities;
- the date the client showed (or is scheduled to show) cooperation; and
- what the caretaker relative did (or will do) to cooperate.
- (FCRC)Complete 552:
Enter 00 for the Item 80 code 165 reason. The system removes the 4 in Item 78 to restore medical. It also removes Item 90 code 512 right away if the level is 1 or it is at least 3 months after the code 165 DATE. If the level is 2 or 3 and it is less than 3 months after the DATE, the system removes code 512 for the 3rd month. Issue a supplement, if necessary, to cover needs from the date of cooperation or the date the sanction began, whichever is later, until the first day of the regular roll fiscal month. Prorate the code 512 to determine the amount. Use Item 80 Needs code 255 to issue the payment.
FamilyCare/All Kids Assist or Family Assist (Active)
Cash at Time of Sanction
If the case was cash at the time of the sanction (code 165 in Item 80), change the client's Item 78 from 4 to a dash and the code 165 reason to 00 and SWAP to Cash, if otherwise eligible. The beginning date of the cash is the date the client told the caseworker they wanted to cooperate (date of Form 3180), or the date of eligibility for cash, whichever is later.
Medical at Time of Sanction
If the case was Medical at the time of the sanction, add the client to the case and change SNAP status. Remove the representative payee indicator (RPN). Do not SWAP to Cash unless client completes Form 2905. The beginning date of the medical is the first day of the calendar month in which the client told the caseworker they wanted to cooperate
FamilyCare/All Kids Assist or Family Assist (Canceled)
Restore medical for an adult-only case when the client is reapplying after being canceled for failing to cooperate with DCSE.
Restore medical for an AABD Cash case by completing Form 552 as follows. A new application is not required to restore medical to a client receiving AABD Cash.
- Item 2 -Complete.
- Item 3 -Enter 31.
- Item 6 -Complete.
- Item 33 -Enter TAR 62.
- Item 44 -Complete.
- Item 77 -Enter as 6 digits, the first day of the month the adult becomes eligible for medical.
- Item 78 -Change code 4 to a dash.
- If the children are receiving Medical Only, change the payee code in Item 8 to RPY
To restore medical on a canceled Medical case, the client must complete a new application.
If the children are receiving Medical Only, change the payee code in Item 8 to RPY.
If food stamps will be changed to the AABD Medical case, change the payee's Item 78 code on the Medical Only case from 8 to X.
- NOTE: Do not complete a Request for Assistance for Additional Family Member (Form 243) to add a client who demonstrates cooperation.
- Authorize medical benefits from the date the client agreed to cooperate. Do not backdate medical prior to the month the client agreed to cooperate.
- Recompute SNAP benefits for the correct payment month, if necessary.