Noncitizen children under age 19 do not have to meet any other immigration requirements listed in PM 03-01-02 to qualify for All Kids. The following children may qualify for All Kids:
- Children who do not have any immigration documents; and
- Children who have certain nonimmigrant visas.
Certain noncitizen children may have nonimmigrant visas that give them permission to be in the United States for an extended period of time but not permanently. There are many classes of nonimmigrant visas under which a child may qualify for All Kids.
The four nonimmigrant visa classes listed below indicate that the child is not a resident of the United States. By definition, these children do not meet Illinois residency requirements:
- B (temporary visitor for business or pleasure)
- C (aliens in transit)
- D (crew members of vessels traveling into or out of the U.S.)
- TWOV (transit without visa)
Applicants who have the visa types listed above, and appeal a denial based on a claim of Illinois residency, must provide documentation of residency. In this situation, contact HFS Bureau of Medical Eligibility Policy for guidance.