Enter in the designated fields, ACT. DATE (Activity Date), ACT. (Activity Code), HRS. (Weekly Hours), MGR. (Activity Manager), CON. DATE (Control Date), and if eligible TRS (Transportation) (zero only) if the client is subject to SNAP E&T requirements. This data is recorded in the CDB.
Activity and Referral Codes
Activity codes are used in the ACT. field of the Work and Training Activities area to describe the different types of activities the client is active in.
The Activity Code has 4 digits. The last 3 digits are an activity or information code and the first digit is based on which program staff manage the client's participation in the activity.
The program staff codes are:
||Family Community Resource Center
||SNAP E&T Contractor
Enter the 4-digit referral code when a client is referred to an SNAP E&T provider for assignment to an SNAP E&T activity. The first digit is the program staff code 4.
Enter the activity code when a client is approved for the SNAP E&T activity. When the client changes activities, replace the old activity code with the new code. If the client ends an activity and does not enter a new activity, enter the Close-out Code (999) with the same first digit as the previous activity code. Multiple codes cannot be entered.
NOTE: The 4-digit activity code is also required with Item 80 needs codes on Mercury supportive service payment authorizations. (See WAG 27-80-03-b for GA or WAG 27-80-04-b for SNAP.)
||Referred to an SNAP E&T provider
||Adult Basic Education
Work & Training Activities Fields
Complete the following related fields with the 4-digit activity code. All fields must be entered.
- Activity Date (ACT. DATE) - Enter in the month, day, and year fields the 6-digit date the client begins the activity or the date the participation information changes. This may be the current date or a date up to 60 days in the future or a date up to 30 days in the past.
- Activity Code (ACT.) - Enter the 4-digit activity code. The last 3 digits are an activity code and the first digit is based on which program staff manage the client's participation in the activity. See the code descriptions in the beginning of this topic.
Enter an activity code whenever the client is approved for a work and training activity or there is a change in the client's activity.
- Weekly Hours (HRS.) - Enter the total number of hours (01-55) the client spends in the work and training activity each week. Use an average figure for the month. Divide monthly hours by 4 to get a weekly average. For Close-out Code 999, enter 00.
- Activity Manager (MGR.) - If the first digit is 4 (activity handled by the Family Community Resource Center), enter the Family Community Resource Center county number.
If the first digit is 5 (client referred to a contractor), enter the contractor code.
- Transportation (TRS) - Does not apply to SNAP E&T. Enter zeros.