Use the appropriate limits when determining asset eligibility.
- Prior to October 1981 the amount of the asset limits was based on the number of persons in the case. The asset limits were:
- Prior to 07/01/80
- adults and children: $150 plus $50 for each additional family member, or
- children only: $50 for each dependent child.
- 07/01/80 - 09/30/81
- one person: $1,500,
- 2 persons: $2,250, or
- more than 2 persons: $2,250 plus $50 for each additional person.
- From October 1981 through June 1997, the asset limit was $1,000 of nonexempt assets.
- Effective July 1997, the asset limit for nonexempt assets is as follows:
- one person: $2,000,
- 2 persons: $3,000, or
- more than 2 persons: $3,000 plus $50 for each additional person.
Contact the Bureau of Policy Development if you need additional information.