Go over the TPL brochure at the intake eligibility interview.
Tell clients at both intake and at each eligibility review that:
- They automatically give their rights to TPL payments to HFS when they apply for or get assistance. This includes anyone else they may be applying for, such as a child's right to TPL payments through another parent.
- HFS has the right to be repaid for medical bills that it pays that a third party should have paid.
- They must tell HFS about TPL sources and any time there are changes in TPL, including when there is a change in who is covered.
- They must show medical providers both their health insurance ID and their MediPlan Card when obtaining services.
- An adult who does not help HFS collect TPL payments is not eligible for medical (see PM 03-19-00).
- An adult who does not help HFS get child support payments (including health insurance) is not eligible for cash and medical unless there is good cause.