Within 30 days of approving cash or within 30 days of the date the Family Community Resource Center becomes aware of real property owned by the client:
- (FCRC) Send Real Property Record (Form 8) to the HFS Bureau of Collections (BOC) Technical Recovery Section. Keep a copy in the case file.
- (BOC) Completes the lien filing process.
- (BOC) Completes Notice and Claim of Lien (Form 237).
- Files Form 237 with the County Recorder of Deeds.
- Sends copy of Form 237 to the Family Community Resource Center.
NOTE: When the property is located outside the county where the client is living, the lien is filed in the name of the Family Community Resource Center administrator of the county where the property is located.
- (County Recorder) Returns one copy of Form 237 to the HFS BOC Technical Recovery Section.
- (BOC) Sends Notification of Lien (Form 3419) to the client within 10 calendar days of receiving Form 237 from the County Recorder.
Medical Client in a Medical Institution
- (FCRC) Send completed Form 8 and verifications to the HFS BOC Technical Recovery Section.
- Include copies of Assessment of Assets (Form 3190) and Determination of Asset Allowance (Form 3192), if either was completed.
- (BOC) Determines, based on information from Form 8, when a client has resided in a medical institution for at least 120 calendar days.
- Sends Notification of Intent to File a Lien (Form 3419A) to the client.
- Completes the lien filing process.
NOTE: Follow AABD Cash client steps 3 through 5.
- (BOC) Pays all fees required to register the lien.
- (BOC) Adds the amount of the fee to the amount of the lien.
Renewing the Lien
- (BOC) Maintains a lien control file and is responsible for lien renewals.