A premail action is a request to affect assistance issuances after the cut-off date but before the scheduled mail date. This is usually done only for checks issued as a result of the pre-note process for direct deposit cases.
- (FCRC) Complete Premail Action Request (Form 1253) and route to LWU.
- (LWU) Use the information on Form 1253 to prepare the following forms.
Premail Action Request - Check Mailing (Form 119)
- (LWU) Upon receipt of Form 1253, complete Form 119, in triplicate, for the scheduled mail date based on the instructions on the back of the form.
- Submit separate Forms 119 for each category and each group (if applicable) within the category for which an action is being requested.
- Submit void actions on a separate Form 119 based on the mail date schedule.
Disposition Action/Mailing Request (Form 305)
- (LWU) Upon receipt of Form 1253 requesting redirect of a check and any related cards to a different address, prepare and submit Form 305 based on the instructions on the back of the form.
- (LWU) Submit Forms 305 for premail actions to WCU no later than 3 workdays before the check mail date.
- Fax requests for premail actions that cannot be mailed in time to WCU by 9:30 a.m. of the 2nd workday before the mail date.