For a canceled SNAP case, BOC sends a demand letter and repayment agreement and works out a payment plan.
If the former client fails for 90 days to make payments according to the payment plan, the overpayment account becomes delinquent. BOC takes follow-up action to refer delinquent SNAP claims to:
- collection agencies;
- the State Comptroller Offset System for offsetting of a state check such as State Tax Refunds, lottery winnings, and state payroll checks);
- the Attorney General for civil prosecution;
- offset of an Unemployment Insurance check if the client agrees or if ordered by a court;
- employers for wage garnishment; and
- the Treasury Offset Program for offsetting of a federal tax refund, Social Security benefits, and/or other federal check.