Do not routinely retrieve a stored record if a client reapplies. Only retrieve the old record if it contains verification needed to establish eligibility and the information can only otherwise be obtained with considerable difficulty.
- (FCRC) Send IL 444-1038, Retrieval Request, to Records Management.
NOTE: Check the disposal date to avoid requesting destroyed material.
- Specify the agency box number, the State Records Center box number and a description of the material needed.
- (FCRC) Contact Quad County Central Files.
- Give them the case name and number.
- (Quad County Central Files) Retrieves the record(s).
- Completes the charge out card.
- Sends the case record to the office that requested it.