When paternity is established for a nonmarital child, do the following as appropriate:
- (FCRC) Upon receipt of Form 3148 compare the address of the mother to the address of the father. If the address is the same for both parents, contact them to determine continued eligibility. If they claim they do not live
together, allow them to give proof of separate addresses. If they give proof that they do not live together, send Change Case/Non-custodial Parent Status (Form 493) to DCSE with the new information about the address of the father.
- (FCRC) Determine eligibility if the adjudicated father lives with the mother.
- Discontinue benefits if ongoing eligibility for cash benefits does not exist and the parent is legally responsible for all the children in the benefit unit. If the parent is not legally responsible, delete from the benefit unit only those children
for whom the parent is legally responsible. (Form 157NC will be centrally issued.)
- Cancel cash benefits and give the medical extension if the case is ineligible for cash benefits due to earned income. To include the father in the medical extension, add him to the case before canceling. If the case is ineligible for cash benefits
due to unearned income or assets, set up the appropriate medical benefits case for the family.
- (FCRC) Code Item 63 of Form 552.
- If the adjudicated father does not live with the mother, enter code 24 on the child's line for the noncustodial parent.
- If the adjudicated father lives with the mother, enter code 13 on the child line for the mother and the father.