A TANF Cash case is SWAPPED to Medical for refusal to comply with DCSE. The noncooperating pregnant woman is eligible for medical. She may be included in her children's Medical case for sSNAP or as a payee.
(FCRC) If the sanctioned woman is included in a Medical case for SNAP, or as the payee, provide medical by changing Item 78 code 4 to code P. No other action is needed to provide medical.
If the sanctioned woman is not included on the child(ren)'s TANF Cash or All Kids Assist Form 552, provide medical as follows:
- Open a Moms and Babies case for the sanctioned pregnant woman (see WAG 06-09-00). Enter the child(ren)'s cross-reference case ID in Item 60.
- Update the child(ren)'s Form 552, Item 60 with the Moms and Babies case ID number. Enter RPN in Item 8 if not already present.
- When the child is born add the child to the children's case and code Item 78 with code P. Set a manual control for 60 days after the end of the pregnancy to determine if the client is willing to cooperate with CSE.
If she agrees to cooperate:
- For downstate offices, each Family Community Resource Center is to send an e-mail to the Child Support regional office serving their Family Community Resource Center.
- In Cook County, a request for an appointment is to be placed in the child support "drop box" located on the desk of the Financial Recovery Coordinator.
If she refuses to cooperate, stop medical benefits by canceling the Moms and Babies case.