- Enroll a Medical client in a long term care facility in the Group Care Batch Mail System for:
- new approvals (TA 11)
- actions to restore assistance (TA 12)
- transfer-in of active cases (TA 40)
- regular roll actions (TA 31)
- SWAPs to Medical (TA 81 or TA 82)
- to correct a basic number (TA 62).
- Enter the long term care facility's identifying 4-digit agent code in Item 45 of Form 552. This number is in the Group Care Batch Mail Directory.
- Enter a dash in the first position.
- Enter the 4-digit agent code for the long term care facility in the last 4 spaces.
- Enter Items 11-23. Enter code 13 or 15 in Item 20. If code 13 or 15 is not entered, the entry will not process.
Example: A client lives in a long term care facility and applies for Medical. See WAG 17-02-04 to approve the case. Enter a
dash in the first position of Item 45, followed by the long term care facility's 4-digit agent code.
Client is Exempt
- Enter the 5-digit exemption code in Item 45 of Form 552. The first digit will be E. Client has a legally appointed guardian or conservator who has requested that the MediPlan Card be mailed to them.
The last 4 digits are the month and year the Form 552 is coded, for example: E0896.
Change of Long Term Care Facility
To change a Long Term Care address to a different facility within the same FCRC boundaries via ACM, see WAG 18-07-02-b.
When a long term care client moves out of a facility, disenroll the client from the Batch Mail System.
- Follow WAG 18-07-02 and see WAG 26-04-08 to use Long Term Care Update
- Line out the agent code number in Item 45.
- Make sure Item 20, Shelter Arrangement, is not coded 13 or 15. The entry will not process with either code.
- Send Form 552 showing the client's new address.
- Transfer the case to the appropriate caseload.
When a long term care client moves to a facility outside the FCRC boundaries, see WAG 18-07-03.
Local offices receive a monthly updated report called, "Batch Mail System - Group Care Listing". Cases are listed in alphabetical order within the long term care facility. The list contains:
- client's name,
- case number,
- facility's name and address, and
- facility's Batch Mail Agent Code.
Check the long term care facility caseload against the listing to make sure Item 45 is completed correctly.