When attempts to obtain verifications (see WAG 23-03-00) have failed:
- (FCRC) Treat the entire SNAP benefit amount as an overpayment.
Example: The FCRC has found that an SNAP client's spouse was living with her for 5 months and the client did not report this information. The FCRC requested asset and income information for the spouse but the client did not provide the information. A request was made to BOI to obtain the needed information, which BOI was unable to obtain. Treat the entire SNAP benefit amount as an overpayment.
If the client provides the needed information within 90 days of being notified of the overpayment:
- (FCRC) Refigure the overpayment amount.
- Revise the overpayment, if needed.
- (FCRC) Complete Form 2404C and Form 2404X.
- Send Form 2404C and Form 2404X to BOC to tell them of the changed amount.
If the client provides the information after 90 days of being notified of the overpayment, no action is needed since the appeal period has expired.