(FCRC or Provider) To issue a supportive service payment, follow the directions below.
- Document the written or oral request for supportive service expenses by making an entry in the case file on Form 514.
- Obtain at least 2 estimates for the purchase or repair of requested items, other than transportation.
- Authorize the least expensive of these items.
- Authorize payment by C-13/C-13c, or as a reimbursement to the client via Mercury. Forward the C-13/C-13c to the appropriate Cook County Field Manager.
- To issue SNAP E&T supportive service payment to a volunteer who is a component SNAP only member of a Category 04 or Category 06 case, complete Form C-13/C-13c. Attach a memorandum to Form C-13/C-13c. The memo must say that the payment is for a SNAP only member of the case who volunteered for an SNAP E&T activity.
- File this information, along with copies of Invoice Voucher (Form C-13), Invoice Voucher Disbursing Order (Form C-13c), and copies of Form 552 mercury issuances, in the case record.
Completion of Form 552
(FCRC) To authorize a Mercury payment, complete the following items on a blank Form 552 and submit.
- Item 1 - Complete.
- Item 2 - Enter the 4-digit month and year covered by the supportive service payment.
- Item 3 - Enter 31.
- Item 4 - Enter 2.
- Item 5 - Complete.
- Item 6 - Complete.
- Items 8-10 - Enter the name and address as it currently exists in the Client Database (CDB). Update the CDB, if necessary, prior to issuing the Mercury payment.
- Item 33 - Enter 30.
- Item 38 - Enter the total of the amounts listed in Item 80.
- Item 80 - List the correct needs code(s) and amount(s). Include the 4-digit component designator code for each, in the PERSONS field.
(FCRC) Use the following needs codes on Form 552 and on C-13/C-13c:
||Other (books, fees, supplies, etc., excluding child care and transportation)
||Employment transportation expenses to get or keep a job
||Expenses other than transportation, such as uniforms, clothing, and tools, related to a job
Enter 4 (FCRC) or 5 (Contractor), plus one of the following 3-digit activity codes under PERSONS to indicate what the client participated in while receiving the needed service:
||Adult Basic Education
||Earnfare Comprehensive Contract
Completion of C-13 or C-13c
(FCRC) See WAG 26-04-01-a and WAG 26-04-02-a for completion of C-13 or C-13c to authorize a direct payment to a vendor for items or services provided to a client.