When a client states they cannot participate in work or training because they provide full-time care to a person who is not a related child under age 18 or spouse, refer the person who needs care to ORS or DoA as follows. If the person needing care
applies for services, do not require the client to participate until ORS or DoA makes a decision.
- (FCRC) Complete Referral for Assessment (Form 4647). Fax the form to ORS at (217) 557-0142 or DoA at (217) 524-7629.
- (FCRC) Update the client's RSP to include helping the person who needs care apply for ORS or DoA services. Do not require the client to participate in work and training while the determination is pending.
- (ORS or DoA) Makes a home visit to the person needing care to determine eligibility and the level of care. Sets up a service plan if eligible.
- (ORS or DoA) Faxes Form 4647 back to the Family Community Resource Center with their decision within about 60 days.
- (FCRC) When Form 4647 is returned to the FCRC, take action based on the ORS or DoA decision.
- If ORS or DoA denies services, engage the client in appropriate work and training activities. Update the client's RSP. Enter code 9 in Item 73 and the correct activity code(s) in Item 60 under Work & Training.
- If ORS approves PA services and the client is the PA, budget the PA payments as earned income. Explain quarterly reporting. Update the client's RSP. If weekly hours are less than 30 for an 04 case or less than 35 for an 06 case, the client must make
up the difference in hours by working at another job or participating in a work and training activity. Enter code 1 or code 9 in Item 73, as appropriate.
- If DoA or ORS approves PA services and the client is not the PA, revise the client's RSP and engage the client in appropriate work and training activities. Enter code 9 in Item 73 and the correct activity code(s) in Item 60 under Work &