Certain Item 73 codes are centrally changed as follows:
- code P, if the adult does not have a high school diploma or GED (Item 71, codes A - F); or
- code 7, if the adult has a high school diploma or GED (Item 71, code G or code H).
- Minor parents with a child under age 1 coded P (no high school diploma or GED), changed to code 7 (caring for a child under age 1):
- Minor parents with code P, changed to code 9 (nonexempt), when the youngest child reaches age 1.
- Person reaches age 60, a dash is centrally entered in Item 73.
- In the TANF Work Verification System (WVS), entry of "Yes" to "Eligible to stop 60-month counter based on GPA" on the screen for Vocational and Bachelor/Associate Degree programs in the RSP causes Item 73 to be centrally coded with G for the recipient.
- Entry of "No" in WVS to "Eligible to stop 60-month counter based on GPA"; or RSP revised to remove Vocational and Bachelor/Associate Degree programs, Item 73 centrally changes from G to to 9.
When one of the above changes occurs, a Form 552 is produced showing the change in Item 73.