- (Facility) Completes Report on Resident of Private Long Term Care Facility (Form 26), for an individual:
- who enters facility, or
- who applies for aid while living in facility, or
- who transfers between facilities.
- (FCRC) Return form to facility if it is incomplete.
- (FCRC) Approve application, after returning Form 26, if client is eligible, but do not approve payment until it is completed and returned to the FCRC.
- (FCRC) Do not approve payment until a completed Form 26 is received.
The date the facility completes Form 26 does not affect the effective date for payment.
Example: A client enters a facility 04/16/05. The screening requirement is met 04/16/05. The Family Community Resource Center receives a completed Form 26 on 04/25/05. Approve payment effective 04/16/05.
Information on Form 26 may affect the effective date for payment.
Example: The person enters a facility 04/16/05 and applies for aid on 04/18/05. The person is eligible effective 04/05. The screening requirement is met 04/16/05. The Form 26 shows that payment has already been made for
04/05 and 05/05. Approve payment starting 06/01/05.
Out-of-State Placement (Long Term Care)
Payment is not to be approved unless prior approval is obtained from BLTC and an appropriate bed cannot be found in Illinois.
- Do not approve payment for out-of-state placement when the client wants the placement for personal reasons.
- Advise the client or family to apply for aid in the state where the facility is located if they want the client placed out-of-state for personal reasons.
If the client becomes ill while temporarily out-of-state:
The FCRC may approve payment to out-of-state facility.