A client may have to transfer from one facility to another because:
- the facility is terminated from participation in the Medicaid program; or
- the client needs a different level of care than the current facility provides.
When a client needs to transfer between facilities, the Family Community Resource Center works with the client or their representative, and their family, to choose a new a facility. Factors to consider include:
- The distance between the new facility and the client's family.
- The distance between the new facility and the old facility.
- If applicable, what facility other residents of the old facility are moving to.