Some of the services HFS will not pay for include:
- services available without cost;
- services covered by Medicare or other health insurance, except for coinsurance and deductibles;
- services given in or by a federal hospital (such as a veterans' hospital);
- missed appointments;
- preventive services other than Healthy Kids and exams needed for school;
- services prohibited by statute;
- services given by a provider not in the medical program;
- services related to infertility;
- cosmetic surgery;
- non-medically needed items such as radios and phone calls.
This list only includes some of the noncovered services. There are others not included in this list.