The following receive medical benefits:
- Clients who receive AABD Cash or TANF benefits.
- GA Family and Children Assistance (GA-FCA) clients under age 19 and Category P3 TA clients who live in Chicago. Category 07 GA clients age 19 and over can receive some types of medical care.
- Clients who receive Medical Only, without a spenddown or once the spenddown has been met.
- Children under age 21 who receive Foster Care/Adoption Care assistance. These children are the responsibility of either the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) or the Department of Corrections (DOC). This program is administered by DCFS.
- Children from other states who live in Illinois. These children are determined eligible for Title IV-E (foster care/adoption assistance) by another state. These cases are handled centrally by Family Community Resource Center Transaction Support & Services (FCRC #238).
- Clients who receive a medical extension.