Cases are enrolled in EZ REDE status as follows:
(AIS) For regular roll approvals, enrolls any Category 08 case unless exempt and all Category 94/96 SNAP cases in EZ REDE, or any AABD Medical SNAP case or TANF case that has earned income for the first regular roll month.
AIS enters code X in Item 36 along with code R, to exclude the following cases from EZ REDE. Cases with:
- a member who has to meet the the SNAP Work Requirement and lives in an area subject to the requirement. These cases have someone age 18 - 49 with no one under age 18, and no one with income code 510, 511, 517, 519, 520, or 691.
NOTE: For cases where the only person with earnings receives AABD cash or medical the local office must enter the X.
For cases with SNAP, AIS also enters:
- Item 80 code 656 EZ RD with Supplied By code M (the first REDE is a mail-in).
- Item 24, Approval Period End Date, enters the 6th month after the first month that benefits were issued. The first month benefits were issued is the first month of the approval period. For example, if 11/08 was the first month of benefits (TA 11/TAR 02 action), then 04/09 is entered in Item 24.
NOTE: In situations where a 2-month approval period is given because of expedited service or due to a pending cash or medical application, the EZ REDE approval period begins after the initial approval period. For example, if a 2 month approval was issued for 11/08 and 12/08 pending a medical approval, the EZ REDE approval period would begin with the REDE application approved for 01/09. The Item 24 date would be 06/09 (01/09 - 06/09).
For each SNAP case approved in AIS with Item 80 code 656, centrally sends the Redetermination Fact Sheet (Form 4769). The form includes the unit's Gross Income Standard.
(FCRC) For cash or AABD medical cases that report earnings, enter the earned income in Item 90 and enter code R in Item 36.
For Category 08 or Category 04/06 SNAP cases without earnings that lose their exemption reason, convert the case to EZ REDE at the next REDE by entering R in Item 36.
- For units with earnings that are exempt from EZ REDE, enter code RX in Item 36. The entry of code X along with code R excludes the case from EZ REDE, and prevents the entry of Item 80 code 656.
- For units that live in an area subject to the SNAP Work Requirement, Code RX is centrally entered if there is someone age 18 - 49 in the case, with no one under age 18, or no one with income code 510, 511, 517, 519, 520, or 691.
(System) At schedule 00 processing, a case is centrally enrolled in EZ REDE when the system finds a regular roll:
- case with earned income (SNAP in any category or TANF) but no Item 36 code R; or
- Category 08 or Category 94/96 SNAP case with no Item 36 code R. If code RX is in Item 36 the case is not converted. For units that live in an area subject to the SNAP Work Requirement, Code RX is centrally entered if there is someone age 18 - 49 in the case, with no one under age 18, or no one with income code 510, 511, 517, 519, 520, or 691.
At REDE, the system will centrally enter an RX if the case is subject to the SNAP work requirement. Cases with an RX will not be centrally changed.
(System) Centrally updates a SNAP case with Item 36 code R and Item 80 code 656 as follows:
- Item 80 code 656 EZ RD with Supplied By code M (Mail-in REDE), or F (face-to-face REDE).
- Item 24, SNAP Approval End Date, is adjusted and Item 80 code 656 EZ RD and the Supplied By code are entered as follows:
- If 8 or more months remain in a unit's 12-month approval period, the Item 24 expiration date is centrally shortened by 6 months and Item 80 656 EZ RD is entered with Supplied By code M. The next REDE due is a mail-in.
- If 7 months remain in a unit's 12-month approval period, the Item 24 expiration date is centrally shortened by one month and Item 80 656 EZ RD is entered with Supplied By code M. The next REDE due is a mail-in.
- If 6 months or less remain in the approval period, the Item 24 expiration date remains the same and Item 80 code 656 EZ RD is entered with Supplied By code F. The next REDE due is a face-to-face.
(System) Sends a notice based on whether or not the approval period was shortened.
If the approval period remains the same, sends Form 4769, Redetermination Fact Sheet. Form 4769 describes the EZ REDE process, and includes the SNAP unit's Gross Income Standard for SNAP reporting purposes.
If the approval period is shortened, sends Form 4770, Notice of Approval Period Change. Form 4770 notifies the unit that their approval period was shortened, their right of appeal, and the SNAP unit's Gross Income Standard for SNAP reporting purposes.
NOTE: When Form 4770 is sent, it appears on the "IM Change Notices Issued Centrally/Intake Notices Issued Centrally" list.
(System) Sends Employment Checklist (Form 3430) and Child Care Information Fact Sheet (Form 3430A) to all TANF cases.
Each month at Schedule 00, the report Cases Centrally Entered into 6-Month EZ Redetermination is sent to the local office showing all the cases centrally enrolled in EZ REDE.