What is an EZ REDE Case?
An EZ REDE unit is any Category 08 case or Category 94/96 SNAP case that is not exempt, a SNAP case with earned income under any Category, or a TANF case with earned income. A case in EZ REDE status has Item 36 code R and Item 80 code 656 EZ RD.
A case is in EZ REDE status when:
- an 08 case is not exempt, see PM 19-07-01 for exemptions;
Note: For areas subject to the SNAP Work Requirement, any case with someone age 18 - 49 with no one under age 18, and no one with income code 510, 511, 517, 519, 520, or 691, is exempt and has code RX entered in Item 36.
- an 04/06 case has code 602, 801, or 802 entered in Item 90;
- an 04/06 case has code 801 or 802 in Item 90 with source code 8, or when code 654 is in Item 90 (may include codes 550 or 560 if the income is earned);is not exempt, see PM 19-07-01 for exemptions;
- a 90 case has SNAP and code 654, 801, or 802 is in Item 90;
- an 01, 91, 02, 92, 03, or 93 case has code 801 or 802 in Item 90 with source code 8, or code 654 in Item 90.
- Note: an EZ REDE case in any category coded with Item 80 code 656 (M) will remain in EZ REDE status until the face-to-face REDE comes due. Upon approval of a mail-in EZ REDE case on regular roll Item 80 code 656 will update to (F) and Item 36 ((R). The next EZ REDE due is a face-to-face. When a face-to-face REDE is approved on regular roll Item 80 code 656 will update to (I)and Item 36 (R) for Mid-Point Reporting status.
Enter Item 36 code X along with code R to exclude a case from EZ REDE status.
What is a Mid-Point Reporting (MPR) Unit?
A Mid-Point Reporting (MPR) unit is a:
- category 04/06 case with Item 90 code 602, 801, 802; and
- all SNAP units in any category, except the following:
- category 04/06 case with SNAP and the case is not coded with an Item 90 code 602, 654, 801, 802; or
- a case where all adults in the SNAP unit are qualifying members and the case is not coded with an Item 90 code 654, 801, or 802. All adults are qualifying members if:
age 60 or older; or
if under age 60, then all adults are age 18 or older and are coded with an Item 90 code: 503, 510, 511, 514, 517, 519, or 691 and the case is coded with an Item 80 code 349 utility indicator 5, 6, 7, 8.
A case is in Mid-Point Reporting status when:
- Item 36 is code (R); and
- Item 80 is code 656 (I) indicating that the next reporting contact is an interim report.
Enter code (RX) in Item 36 to exclude a case from Mid-Point Reporting status.