This code lists for categories 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, P4, 06, P6, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, and 96.
This code identifies a case with no earnings budgeted for a person who was reported by an employer to the State New Hire Registry or to the National Directory of New Hires (see PM 22-14-02 and WAG 22-14-02).
The code also identifies a case where earnings and/or ending employment has not been documented by either the presence of Item 90 earned income codes or Item 80 651 EE for a person that was reported by an employer to either the state or national New Hire Registry. Code N does not appear if an entry of code H was made in Item 52 following the New Hire selection (see WAG 22-14-02).
- For Cash and SNAP, if the client responded to the central Form 1721A, budget income appropriately and determine any overpayment.
For Medical, determine nonexempt income available during the established period using Form 2383A. If appropriate, send Medical Assistance Enrollment Status Information/Changes During the Established Period (Form 2434) to tell the client of the new spenddown amount.
- If the income is from a child's earnings, take the following actions:
- For TANFand all Family Health Plans: The income is exempt. Enter code 805 in Item 90 of Form 552 if the child currently has earned income (see PM 08-01-01-e).
- For SNAP: The income is exempt if the child is age 17 or younger, under the parental control of an SNAP unit member, and attending elementary or secondary school. If the child currently has exempt earned income, enter code 805 on Form 552 (see PM 08-04-01-g).
- For AABD: budget the income (see PM 08-02-00).
- For Refugee Assistance: The income is exempt.
- If the client says that they are working, ask if they have health insurance. If appropriate, complete Health Insurance Report (Form 1442) and send it to the TPL unit.
- Enter code 802 in Item 90 if the client is employed. This action will clear the N code. If the client is no longer working and employment has ended, enter code 651 EE in Item 80 of Form 552 to clear the code.
- If the central Form 1721A was sent and the client did not respond, terminate benefits following the directions in WAG 22-14-02.