This code lists for categories 04 and 06. It identifies cases that have an exception to the TANF 60-month limit due for review. The code selects for the month prior to the month listed with Item 80 code 683 EXCPT.
For example, a case with a code 683 date of 10/02 will appear on the 09/02 list. It appears as overdue 2 months after the code 683 date and every other month thereafter until the date is revised or code 683 is removed.
- Review the case to determine if there has been a significant change since the exception was last approved.
- Obtain whatever information and verification are needed to determine if the same or any other exception reason applies.
- Complete Exception Request Summary (Form 4692). Include the 4-digit date the review is due, any new information about the case, and your recommendation.
- Obtain the signature of the Family Community Resource Center administrator or their designee.
- Send Form 4692 and verifications, plus the preceding Form 4692, to DHS Division of Transitional Services, 100 South Grand Avenue East, Springfield, IL 62762.
- (Central Office) Makes a decision and completes the last section of Form 4692.
- (Central Office) Faxes Form 4692 to the Family Community Resource Center.
- (Family Community Resource Center) Take appropriate action based on the DTS decision.
- If the exception continues, enter the new exception review date (4-digit MM/YY) in Item 80 code 683 EXCPT. (The date entered cannot be more than 12 months after the effective month.) If the exception reason has changed, change the exception code in
- If the client no longer qualifies for an exception:
- Notify the client by completing and sending Your Time Limit Exception Ends (Form 4699).
- Remove the exception code from Item 60 and code 683 from Item 80 for the first possible month.
- Meet with the client and revise the Responsibility and Services Plan. Add activities and steps designed to help the family become self-supporting within 3 months.
The case no longer appears as code E when the code 683 date is at least 2 months after the effective month or code 683 is deleted.