When a REDE application is filed after the end of the SNAP approval period:
- Register the application effective for the date the application was received in the local office.
- Issue Form 1721 if the unit does not have all required verifications at the interview. Allow the unit 10 calendar days to provide missing verification.
- If the unit does not provide the required proof within the time allowed, deny the application.
- Determine eligibility and benefit amount.
- If eligible, prorate benefits from the date of application.
- If ineligible for the fiscal month of application but eligible for the following month do not require a new application. Authorize a full month's benefits for the following fiscal month. The following fiscal month is the first month of the approval period.
NOTE: If the missing verification is for an expense, approve the application using $0 for the unverified expense.
If an applicant fails to appear for the scheduled SNAP REDE interview, deny the application.
Active 94/96 Cases in Group 22
For SNAP Group 22 regular roll REDE approvals with the 1st position of Item 44 on Form 552 coded with an F or a B, the system checks the application registration date to determine if the REDE is timely or untimely. For untimely REDEs, the system assigns an availability date of the 4th, 7th, or 10th of the month based on the case last name according to the following alpha breakdown:
||Group 22 Availability Date
|A - F
||4th of the month
|G - N
||7th of the month
|O - Z
||10th of the month
Changing the Availability Date to the 1st
Process a TA 31 TAR D1 for those cases in Group 22 that were incorrectly or through no fault of their own given an availability date of the 4th, 7th or 10th to return a case to an availability date of the 1st. TAR D1 can be used for any month in the approval period. Form 2807 is centrally sent notifying the customer of the new SNAP availability date.
Example: Mr. S receives SNAP on a 96 case with his wife and child. The last month of his certification is 02/2010. He comes to the FCRC on 02/08/10 and drops off his mail-in REDE form. If the application had been incorrectly registered with a date after the 15th, for example the 28th instead of the 8th, then when benefits were approved the system would have moved the availability date to the 10th of the month. Since the application was timely and the SNAP availability date should have remained the 1st of the month, use TA 31 TAR D1 to change the date back to the 1st of the month.