REDEs are due 12 months after the initial determination or last REDE.
- (FCRC) Make a special review immediately upon learning of a change in client circumstances. Complete the review within 30 days. The review may be limited to a single factor of eligibility or may extend to a full REDE of all eligibility factors.
- (FCRC) Use Form 243 when a request for cash for an additional family member is made. The client must complete and sign Form 243.
- If the request is to add an adult to a GA-FCA case, the GA-FCA payee and the adult must both sign the Form 243.
- To be eligible, a child for whom GA-FCA is being requested must meet the requirements of relationship to the client (see PM 03-05-01 and PM 03-05-02).
- If eligible, authorize benefits for the additional family member from the date the Form 243 is completed and signed or the date eligibility is established after the date the Form 243 is completed. Authorize medical (see WAG 18-03-09).
- If the client doesn't provide all of the information needed for the addition, complete 2 copies of the Instructions to Client (Form 267).
- Give the original to the client and keep a copy for control purposes. Always enter on the form the last date by which information must be received in the FCRC. This date must always be a workday.
- (System) Sends a monthly Priority Action List (PAL) of cases identified as having factors which suggest a high probability of ineligibility or overpayment.
- (FCRC) Immediately after receiving the listing, assign each case listed to the appropriate caseworker.
- (FCRC) Complete a REDE. If all factors of eligibility are reviewed, a special review will be considered the periodic REDE.
- (FCRC) Prepare for the REDE.
- Run an AWVS clearance for each:
- benefit unit member whose SSN does not appear on Form 552; and
- legally responsible relative (RR) in the home who is not included in the benefit unit and whose SSN is known.
- Run an AWVS clearance on known multiple SSNs not listed on Form 552 for each person for whom benefits are requested.
- Run a CSOC clearance for each child in the benefit unit between the ages of 5 and 18 years of age.
- Run an ASVI clearance for each noncitizen if one has not been done previously or if immigration status is subject to change (see WAG 22-08-15).
- Review the case record and Form 1376/Form 1376C for current RR information.
- Review Form 552 and the Form 1376/Form 1376C to see if the recorded information (family composition, first and last names, SSNs, birthdates, social data, source and amount of budgeted income, amount of benefit, etc.) is current and correct and has been verified and documented.
- If the case record does not contain the client's SSN, request the number.
- Consider the Form 1376/Form 1376C part of the case record. See WAG 26-01-01-a to complete these forms.
- Review Form 552 to determine if SNAPE&T coding is current.
- For GA-TA cases, review the case record to determine the criteria under which the person was determined "not employable".
- If a home visit is conducted and the client (or caretaker for GA-FCA cases) is not home at the time of the first visit, complete a Notice of Attempted Home Visit (Form 1303), and leave it at the client's home.
- If the client does not phone the FCRC to arrange a different visiting time, attempt a 2nd home visit according to the instructions on Form 1303. If the client is not at home for the 2nd scheduled home visit, cancel benefits using TAR 26.
- If the client phones to arrange a 2nd home visit, or if the client is employed or in training, make special arrangements to complete the REDE.
- For GA-TA, Redetermination Report Form GA-TA (Form 2027AC) is centrally sent to clients unless they receive SNAP benefits. If sent centrally the message "REDE FORM 2027AC CENTRALLY MAILED. DUE BY MM/DD/YY" appears on the PAL for the month the REDE is due. If a REDE is not mailed centrally, send Form 2027A or request the client to come to the FCRC. Allow 21 days for the client to return the completed form.
For GA-FCA, send TANF/GA-FCA Eligibility Information (Form 4002) and Instructions to the Client (Form 1721) to return the form. Use Form 1721 to request any needed verifications.
NOTE: The client must return the completed form and provide proof within the time set by the caseworker. Advise the client of this and allow them 21 days to return the completed form. Assist in obtaining the verifications when requested. Third party contacts may speed up the receipt of information.
- If the REDE reveals the client to be deaf or hard of hearing, inform them of TTY services and the TTY number the client is to use if they own or have access to a TTY.
NOTE: TTYs are located in each FCRC in Cook County and in each Regional office. Cook County clients who are deaf or hard of hearing and who own or have access to a TTY can communicate with their FCRC. Outside of Cook County, clients who are deaf or hard of hearing and who own or have access to a TTY can communicate with their FCRC through the Regional office.
Include the correct TTY number on all written correspondence to clients when the written correspondence requires entry of the FCRC telephone number.
- Register a Category P3 TA application when it is discovered that a Category 07 TA client has a pending SSI application or appeal pending at the ALJ level or below; or when the client reports a change in their condition and is claiming disability. See WAG 03-18-01 to process a Category P3 TA application.
- (Client) Completes Form 2027A or Form 4002 to report the unit's circumstances and income. Provides proof whenever such information is available.
- (FCRC) Completes Redetermination of Eligibility GA-TA Checklist (Form 2027B) when Form 2027A is returned to the Family Community Resource Center. Complete Redetermination of Eligibility GA-TA (Form 2027) when Form 2027A is not used.
- (FCRC) Review all eligibility factors listed in PM 19-02-04, making sure that all are verified and documented during the REDE.
- (FCRC) Record and attach any related information about the case to Form 2027, Form 2027A and Form 2027B, or Form 4002.
- (FCRC) Update Item 71, Educational Level, and Item 72, Work Experience, at each redetermination of eligibility.