Forms used for AABD Cash cases:
Forms used for AABD Medical cases:
REDE Completed by FCRC
For a person who receives SSA or SSI, use SOLQ instead of requiring verification from the customer. Run an Illinois Secretary of State (SoS) Residency Match through Option O in the ACM system.
- Review the case record and/or Summary of Case Information (Form 1376/Form 1376C) to determine what information needs verification. Consider Form 1376/Form 1376C part of the case record.
- Review the current Form 552 and the current computation sheets [AABD MANG Computation Sheet-Community Case (Form 2382A); Nursing Home/Supportive Living Facility Resource Calculation (Form 2500); or Qualified Medical Beneficiaries/Specified Low-Income Medical Beneficiaries (Form 2382M) for QMB Only and SLIB Only cases].
a. Community Cases (Excluding Sheltered Care Cases)
- REDE forms are no longer sent to community cases. Medical redeterminations for AABD community cases and Family Health Plan cases are completed electronically, if possible. Customers are contacted for more information when electronic information cannot be obtained.
- If additional information is required to verify eligibility, the FCRC can send Form 1721 or Maximus will send the Information Request Notice.
- For REDEs completed other than the yearly REDE, a redetermination form is not required. Document in the record how the REDE was completed.
- Always review TPL information at each REDE and complete Health Insurance Report (Form 1442), if necessary.
- Complete electronic clearances for each known multiple SSN not listed on Form 552.
- For noncitizens, verify immigration status through SAVE if it has not been done previously or the status is subject to change.
- If the customer wants help in scheduling appointments for Healthy Kids Services or in obtaining transportation to and from Healthy Kids Services, complete a Healthy Kids Request Card (Form 2280). Enter the date the customer asked for the help in the box in the lower right-hand corner of Form 2280.
Send the completed Form 2280 to:
PO Box 19103
Springfield, IL 62794-9103
- If the customer fails to provide necessary information by the due date, cancel the case for failure to cooperate.
b. NH, SLF, and Sheltered Care Cases
(1) NH and SLF Cases
Maximus will send Nursing Home/Supportive Living Facility Redetermination Report Form (Form 1229A) to NH and SLF customers. The mail date and requested return date are listed on the PAL for the month the REDE is due. Form 1229A is sent on the 20th day of the calendar month in which it is printed, or the first working day thereafter. The form is due back to the Illinois Medicaid Redetermination Project by the 21st day following the mail date, or the first work day following the 21st day. For all cases, a copy of Form 1229A will be sent to the the customer's representative. Twenty-one (21) days will be allowed to return the completed form and provide the verification needed. If the due date of a centrally mailed REDE form differs from the due date of a REDE manually sent to a representative, use the later due date. Form 1229A must be signed by the person providing the information.
- If Form 1229A is not returned by the requested date and the customer is capable of providing information, obtain answers to the questions during the visit to the NH or SLF. If verifications are needed, give or send a request for the needed verifications. Send a copy to the customer's representative. Allow 10 days for the return of the needed information. Maximus assists the customer as necessary.
- If Form 1229A is not returned by the requested date and the customer is incapable of providing information, Maximus assists the customer in obtaining any needed verifications. If the customer has a representative, Maximus sends a request for additional information.
NOTE: Accept a representative's statement of the competence or ability of the customer to provide information. However, if the person's statement is questionable or if the customer does not have someone acting on his or her behalf, the FCRC is to make the determination of the customer's ability to provide information. Document in the case record whether the customer is capable or incapable of providing information.
- If the customer's representative fails to provide needed information requested, initiate action to cancel the case.
To REDE cases in NH and SLF, use Redetermination - Group Care/Sheltered Care (Form 1229) to record case information.
(2) Sheltered Care Cases
Use Form 1229 to record case information for REDE of all sheltered care cases.
c. Completion of the REDE
After all necessary information and verifications are obtained, review and document eligibility and complete the authorization and reporting of the REDE.
Each month the Department receives SSI information from the Social Security Administration (SSA) through the SSI/SDX system. It is compared to customer information for AABD Community, NH, and SLF (non-spenddown) cases.
When the case is due for a REDE and information on the SSI/SDX system matches the Department's record for the Medical case, a central REDE is considered completed.
A Form 552 is produced by the system for each Community or LTC case which is centrally REDEd. The form shows the actual month and year in which the central REDE was completed in Item 30. TA 30 is entered in Item 3. Item 32 is updated to show a date 12 months from the previous date in Item 32. The message CENTRAL REDETERMINATION COMPLETE is printed in Item 93. For certain cases where data does not match, an exclusion code is centrally entered in REMARKS on Form 552 (see WAG 22-14-03-b). Central REDEs are not completed for these cases.