IES Phase 2 Process
Upon implementation of the Integrated Eligibility System (IES) phase 2, the process for completing a redetermination is changed.
Form IL444-0008 Report of Real & Personal Property will not be generated by IES. Staff from HFS Bureau of Collections will obtain resource information directly from IES on a periodic basis.
The REDE due date is by cutoff in the last month of the certification period.
Additional information regarding the IES medical REDE process is in PM 19-02-04.
For AABD Cash customers, including those in zero grant status and those in sheltered care, a REDE is required at least once a year. See PM 19-02-03-a for proving ongoing eligibility.
- For Community Regular cases: Complete a REDE at least every 12 months (see PM Chapter 18 for processing changes in the case).
- For Community Spenddown cases: Complete a REDE for cases in the same way as a Community Regular case, for cases that:
- have met the spenddown obligation in the 8th, 9th, or 10th month of the enrollment period; or
- receive QMB or SLIB.
- For Regular and Spenddown Nursing Home (NH) and Supportive Living Facility (SLF) cases: Complete a REDE at least every 12 months.
- For Regular and Spenddown NH, SLF, and Medical cases applying for or receiving Department on Aging (DoA) services with a community spouse or dependent family members who live in the community: Complete a REDE each year by schedule 09 terminal entry date in the month of March.
- Act on any information that shows a change which may affect eligibility or indicates a change in status or the amount of spenddown obligation. See PM Chapter 18 for processing changes in the case.
- Review the current value of resources for self-support and exempt up to $6,000 only if the customer's circumstances meet the requirements in PM 07-02-11.
- Review funeral and burial contracts funded by assignment of life insurance to a trust and established on or after 07/01/12. The contract must name the State of Illinois as remainder beneficiary. Refer the contract to the Bureau of Collections on the Report of Real & Personal Property (Form IL444-0008; "DPA 8").
- For LTC cases, review current home equity and assess eligibility according to PM 01-08-02. Also review annuities, loans and contracts for deed to assure requirements in PM 07-02-20-b are met and that such financial instruments have been referred to the Bureau of Collections using Form IL444-0008 ("DPA 8").
- Determine if an AABD Medical case is financially and non-financially eligible for Cash Assistance.
For the following AABD Medical cases in which the data does not match or the case is not subject to a central REDE, FCRC staff must conduct a REDE:
- Spenddown cases (Community, NH, and SLF);
- NH and SLF cases with income other than SSI;
- NH cases in which the SSI amount is equal to $30 and the NH credit amount is greater than zero;
- NH, SLF, and Medical cases applying for or receiving DoA services with a community spouse or dependent family members who live in the community;
- Community cases in which there is no SSI amount; or
- cases excluded from central budgeting (see PM 22-14-03-a).
Do not take any REDE action on a case that has been centrally REDEd, unless information in the FCRC indicates a change which may affect eligibility.
All cases which are excluded from the central review process appear on the PAL for FCRC review.