- (System) Adjusts for the gap/overlap benefits issued via regular roll for both the old and new fiscal months, and if the benefit type was the same.
- (System) Mails Notice About Change In Benefit Availability Date (Form 2807) for gap/overlap situations.
Family Community Resource Center Authorization - Gap
- If gap or overlap benefits cannot be centrally issued, authorize benefits locally by completing a blank Form 552 as follows:
- Item 1 -Complete.
- Item 2 -Enter the old fiscal month and year.
- Item 3 -Enter TA 31.
- Item 4 -Enter 2.
- Items 5-6 -Complete.
- Items 8-10 -Enter the name and address as it currently appears on the Client Database.
- Item 23 -Complete.
- Item 38 -Enter the amount of the benefits.
- Item 45 -Complete.
- Item 80 -Enter 255 and the amount of the benefits.
- Void the new month's regular roll benefits before issuing an overlap payment.
- Mail Form 2807.
Manual Gap Adjustment
When the fiscal month changes from the calendar month budgeting to the fiscal month of the 16th to the 15th, a gap in benefits is created. Gap benefits supplement the monthly benefit amount. Compute the amount of gap benefits owed for the new fiscal
month by dividing the benefit for the new fiscal month by 2 and then round up.
Manual Overlap Adjustment
When the fiscal month changes from the 16th to the 15th to the calendar month, an overlap is created. Overlap benefits are the monthly benefit amount. Compute the amount of overlap benefits owed for the new fiscal month by the dividing the benefit for
the new fiscal month by 2 and then round up.
Example 1: A TANF unit in Group 08 (16th to the 15th) changes to Group 04 (1st to the 30th) for June. The full amount of June benefits is $292. Due to the overlap, the TANF benefits for June will be $146 ($292 divided
by 2 = $146).
Example 2: A GA-TA case in Group 09 (16th to the 15th) changes to Group 01 (1st to the 31st). The full amount of benefits for the new fiscal month is $100. Due to the change to the earlier fiscal month, there is an
overlap. TA benefits for the month of the change will be $50 ($100 divided by 2 = $50).