When a long term care spenddown case in unmet status (indicator code 2 in Item 80) is changed to a long term care credit case, transmit 2 separate Form 552 actions in the following order:
- Item 2 -Enter the current processing month and year.
- Item 3 -Enter 31.
- Item 33 -Enter 55.
- Item 44 -See WAG 27-44-00.
- Item 77 -Enter the beginning medical eligibility date (MM/DD/YY) as the first day of the first full calendar month the client is considered a long term care credit case.
NOTE: If it is later found the long term care spenddown amount was met, send Request for Correction/Addition to MMIS Medical Eligibility File (Form 2958) to the Exception Processing Unit in Springfield. Do this to
change the beginning medical eligibility date for each month the long term care spenddown was met to the new beginning medical eligibility date (long term care spenddown met date).
- Complete Items 2, 3, 33, 44, 45, and 80 on Form 552 printout (see WAG 18-05-15).
- As soon as the first action processes, immediately transmit the 2nd action. Do not wait for a return Form 552 printout.