SWAP cash cases found eligible for QMB Only to Category 91, 92, or 93 (see WAG 18-02-02). For these cases and for medical cases eligible for QMB
- Complete Form 552:
- Item 2 -Enter the current processing month and year (MM/YY).
- Item 3 -For a SWAP action, enter the appropriate TA (see WAG 18-02-02). For a medical case, enter 31.
- Item 33 -For a SWAP action, enter the appropriate TA (see WAG 18-02-02). For a medical case, enter 41.
- Item 60 -Change the status indicator code after QMB to 9 (see WAG 06-12-02-a).
- Item 80 -For a cash case, delete the needs code. For a medical case, delete the spenddown code (390 SPD or 391 SPDGC) of the long term care credit code (395 GCARE), if present.
- Send Form 157 to tell the client that cash and/or medical is ending. Add:
(Client's name) will continue to receive assistance with Medicare cost sharing expenses as a Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB).