To continue QMB benefits for a person in a cash or medical case when the person or entire family loses cash or medical eligibility, delete the QMB person from the unit or cancel the case. In addition to regular procedures:
- Send Form 157 to tell the client that cash and/or medical is ending. Add:
(Client's name) will continue to receive assistance with Medicare cost sharing expenses as a Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB).
- Copy the most current application for the QMB Only case.
- Complete a blank Form 552 and reregister the application as a QMB Only application.
- Assign Category 91, 92, or 93 case ID number.
- 4. Approve the application for QMB Only. See WAG 25-08-02-c for approval procedures, except:
- Enter the QMB effective date (MM/YY) after code QMB in Item 60, showing the effective month/year of the deletion or cancellation (see WAG 06-12-02-a).
This continues coverage without a break.