Entire Case Canceled
- (FCRC) If the client has a new third party resource, enter the correct TPL code in Item 79 by processing a separate Form 552 change action (TA 31). Report the new TPL resource by completing and processing Health Insurance
Report Form (Form 1442) (see WAG 26-03-01).
NOTE: If the client cannot provide insurance information, send Request for Health Insurance Verification (Form 266TPL) to the employer.
- (FCRC) Complete a separate Form 552 as follows to cancel the case:
- Items 2-4 -Complete.
- Items 9-10 -Complete if there has been a change of address.
- Item 33 -Use TAR 08, 14, 21, 57, 58, 83, or 84.
- Item 36 -Complete when applicable.
- Item 39 -If using TAR 08, 14, or 21 and FS are reduced or canceled, enter 90 or 91 to suppress the central notice.
- Item 44 -Complete.
- Items 50-52 -Complete when applicable.
- Item 77 -Enter the first month when the case should have been canceled.
- NOTE: This date may be a date before the month of cancellation. For example, Mr. J's case was ineligible beginning with November and canceled effective December. Enter 11-02 as the first 4 digits in Item 77 of Form
- Item 80 -Complete when applicable.
- Item 90 -Complete.
- (System) If not suppressed, sends the client Notice of Change (Form 157C) to tell them that the medical extension ends on the last day of the 6th month of the extension. The form tells the client:
- You and your family may be eligible to receive medical assistance for up to 6 more months following the date listed above. When you receive a report form in the mail, you must complete and return the form in order to continue to receive medical
- (System) Centrally SWAPs the case to 94 or 96 and enters code X in Item 25.
Food Stamp Procedures
(FCRC) If eligibility for food stamps continues when processing a TA 22/TAR 08, TAR 14, or TAR 21 to cancel TANF due to earnings or child support, the food stamps transfer to the 94 or 96 case if the FS
approval period date (Item 24) is the same or later than the effective month of the 94 or 96 approval.
When using TAR 08, TAR 14, or TAR 21, update the entries in Item 36, Item 80, and Item 90, so the correct amount of food stamp benefits is issued. Do this on the TA 22 action. You must suppress the central notice by entering code 90 or 91 in Item 39
with the cancellation action. Send a manual FS notice if FS are reduced or canceled.
If the month in Item 24 is less than the effective month of the 94 or 96 approval, issue continued food stamp benefits using TA 56/TAR 14.
(System) Action can be taken to cancel the cash case anytime during the month. The cash and medical submittal months do not have to be the same. If the medical submittal month is the month after the cash cancellation
submittal month when TA 22/TAR 08, TAR 14, or TAR 21 is processed:
- food stamps for the month of the cash cancellation are centrally issued using TA 56/TAR 21 under the 94 or 96 case number; and
- for a case going to Group 22 from Groups 05, 06, 07, 08, or 09, the amount of the issuance will be computed by dividing the benefit amount for the new fiscal month by 2, and then rounding up; and
- recoupment is not deducted from the amount of the Mercury benefits; and
- the Mercury FS benefits will be issued on the availability date of the cash group if the case is still in Group 00 or Group 22.
Example: TA 22/TAR 14 processed on Group 05 case 09/26, effective October. Medical submittal month is November, so the 94 case is centrally opened for November. FS are centrally adjusted and centrally issued using TA
56/TAR 21 on availability date for Group 05.
The Mercury benefits will not be issued centrally if the case changes out of Group 00 or Group 22 to another group in either pending or active status at anytime after the TA 22 action is processed. When this happens, a batch exception message
instructs the Family Community Resource Center to issue food stamps locally.
The system centrally updates coding on the case on the 94 or 96 case as follows:
- Item 20 - changed to 16
- Item 35 - changed to 9
- Item 60 - Work & Training Codes deleted
- Item 68 - changed to dash
- Item 73 - if other than a dash or a 2, changed to a 1
- Item 78 - updated
For TA 10 and TA 45 transactions, food stamp benefits do not continue to be authorized on the centrally SWAPped case.
- For TA 10, set up a category 08 case. Add the FS benefits to the medical extension case after the 94 or 96 case has been set up by the system. Cancel the 08 case.
- If the family remains eligible for FS benefits, use a TA 40 instead of TA 45. Then use the TA 22/TAR 08, TAR 14, or TAR 21 to authorize the extended medical case. The food stamp benefits will then continue on the centrally SWAPped 94 or 96 case. If
food stamp benefits are reduced or canceled, suppress the central notice and issue a manual notice.
Medical Extension When Some of the Unit Members Remain Eligible
To give a medical extension to one or more unit members who are ineligible when other members remain eligible for cash, take the following actions:
- Delete the person(s) who remains eligible from the case to be canceled with the extension (Items 60-79).
- Establish a new case for the person(s) removed from the original case. Register the case (TA 02) with a new basic number.
- Record on Form 514 what is being done to the case and the reason. Cross-reference the cases.
- Cancel the original case (with the still eligible person(s) removed) and a medical extension will be authorized for it.
Example: Mr. J and his child and Mrs. J and her 2 children are included in a TANF case. Mr. J starts to work and earns enough to make the family ineligible. Budgeting stepparent liability the children and Mrs. J
continue to be eligible in a separate case. Delete Mrs. J and her 2 children and establish a case in her name. Cancel the case with Mr. J and his child to provide them the medical extension.