A change in a client's circumstances may lead to a change in medical benefits. Such changes include:
- changes between Spenddown and Nonspenddown;
- change to QMB Only or SLIB Only;
- change from community spenddown to long term care credit case;
- change between long term care case and Community case;
- change between Family Assist and other Family Health Plans;
- change from Family Assist to Extended Medical.
Never terminate medical benefits until eligibility under all medical programs has been determined. Eligibility must be determined without requiring a new application. The only time eligibility under all medical programs does not have to be determined is when:
- a family requests cancellation of their medical benefits;
- the family no longer resides in Illinois; or
- the only eligible person enters a public institution for mental disease or dies.
In these situations, cancel the case and take no further action.