The Automated Intake System (AIS) automatically generates ANQR and ACID inquiries for each person in the SNAP unit.
(FCRC) If the inquiries show that a person(s) is included in another active SNAP case:
- Do not include that person(s) when approving the SNAP application for the other unit members.
- Notify the SNAP unit that the person(s) will not be included until they are removed from the other SNAP case.
- Advise the proper worker to delete the person(s) who is no longer living with their former SNAP unit.
If an applicant is the only person applying for SNAP, and the applicant is included in another active SNAP case:
- Deny the SNAP application.
- Advise the proper worker to delete the person who is no longer living with their former SNAP unit.
All SNAP approvals and Mercury issuances are processed and approved through AIS unless:
- the system is not working, or
- there's a situation in which AIS cannot process the SNAP application.
For approvals via IPACS see WAG 25-08-04.
Item 39 Client Notice Codes for All Approvals, Including Mercuries
The code entered in Item 39 determines whether the system centrally sends the decision notice to the SNAP Unit, or suppresses the central notice.
(FCRC) For SNAP applications processed through AIS, enter one of the following codes:
- 00 -Cash or MANG with SNAP (Send Both Centrally)
- Form 360C is mailed centrally for both the SNAP and the cash decision if a cash request was made with the SNAP request. Form 360C is mailed centrally to the unit for both the SNAP and the MANG decision if a request for medical was made with the SNAP request.
- SNAP (Category 08 and Definer 7 Mercuries)
- Form 360C is mailed centrally.
- 80 -MANG with SNAP (Suppress Both)
- Suppress the central notice for both SNAP and the MANG decision. Complete and send the correct pages and sections of the locally issued Form 360 series for the SNAP decision. Complete and send the correct decision notice for MANG.
- 90 -Cash with SNAP (Suppress Both)
- Suppress the central notice for both SNAP and the cash decision. Complete and send the correct pages and sections of Form 360 series for the cash and SNAP decision.
- 91 -Cash or MANG with SNAP (Send Cash or MANG, Suppress SNAP)
- Form 360C is mailed centrally for the cash or MANG decision. The Family Community Resource Center completes and sends the correct pages and sections of Form 360 series for the SNAP decision.
- SNAP (Category 08 and Definer Code 7 Mercuries Other Than Initial Approvals)
- Family Community Resource Center completes and sends the correct pages and sections of the locally issued approval notice, Form 360 series.
- 92 -Cash or MANG with SNAP (Send SNAP, Suppress Cash or MANG)
- Form 360C is mailed centrally for the SNAP decision. FCRC completes and sends the correct pages and sections of Form 360 series for the cash approval notice. FCRC completes and sends correct decision notice(s) for the MANG approval.
When processing SNAP applications via IPACS, Item 39 codes can be used as follows:
- SNAP Only (Category 08) - Codes 00 or 91;
- Cash - Code 90; and
- MANG - Codes 00, 80, 91, or 92.
AABD Cash and RRA approvals must be processed through IPACS. Enter 00, 90, 91 and 92 for AABD Cash/SNAP and RRA Cash/SNAP approvals through IPACS. For RRA MANG/SNAP approvals through IPACS, enter 00, 80, 91 or 92 in Item 39.
Approving the Application Through AIS:
- (FCRC) Complete the eligibility summary/disposition page of the Request for Financial Assistance - Medical Assistance - SNAP (Form 2378C).
If AIS is down, complete the SNAP Eligibility Worksheet (Form 683A) and a SNAP Calculation Sheet (Form 683B). (When the application is denied, note the reason.)
- (FCRC) On the day that the SNAP unit is determined eligible for SNAP benefits, process the approval action through AIS.
- (System) Based on information entered onto the proper AIS screens:
- determines benefit amount;
- issues mercury SNAP benefits for initial month(s); and
- issues regular roll SNAP benefits.
- (System) Centrally sends Form 360C to the SNAP unit when code 00 is entered in Item 39 on the proper AIS screen.
- (System) For cases that meet EZ REDE criteria, sends the Redetermination Fact Sheet (Form 4769). The unit's Gross Income Eligibility Standard is centrally entered on Form 4769.
- (FCRC) Mail a Change Report Form (Form 1978), along with a preprinted return envelope, to cases not in EZ REDE status.
- (FCRC) For units using communal dining services or delivered meal services, issue a SNAP Identification Card (Form 682C) (see WAG 26-05-02).
Centrally Issued Notice of Decision (Form 360C)
(System) If coded not to suppress, sends Form 360C to applicant if they apply for:
- SNAP only; or
- SNAP along with TANF, FHP, GA, or AABD Medical.
Form 360C identifies the:
- person(s) approved for SNAP benefits;
- person(s) denied SNAP benefits, and gives the reason why they were found not eligible;
- benefit amount; and
- approval period.
If first month, 2nd month, and first month's regular roll benefits are issued separately, a separate Form 360C is sent for each issuance.
Locally Issued Notice of Decision (Form 360 Series)
See WAG 26-02-00 for detailed information on how to complete the Form 360 series.
(FCRC) Complete and send the SNAP unit the correct pages and subsections of the manual Form 360 series when the application is:
- for cash and SNAP and approved through IPACS; or
- processed through AIS and the Family Community Resource Center has reason to suppress Form 360C.
NOTE: On applications made for cash with SNAP, enter code 91 on the correct AIS screen. This coding suppresses the SNAP notice but centrally sends Form 360C for the cash disposition.
Complete and send the first page (Form 360P1) and the appeals rights page (Form 360P9) along with any pages and sections that apply to other program(s) included in the application.
Always complete the following information on Form 360P1:
- Date of Notice;
- Family Community Resource Center name, address, and telephone number; and
- Date of application.
When an application includes a person(s) who is ineligible, complete and send the correct pages and sections of the Form 360 series to tell the SNAP unit about the reason for their ineligibility. Enter 90 or 91, as required, in Item 39 on the correct AIS screen or Form 552.