The following example shows the steps used when computing an Initial Prorated Entitlement (IPE) as an exception to central prorating using a single authorization action:
(FCRC) Approve Transitional Assistance case (Category 07) in Schedule 08 using TA 12.
- The first regular roll fiscal month is August (08/16 - 09/16).
- The application date is 07/01.
- The case is determined eligible on 08/06. The first day of GA eligibility is 07/31 (30 days after the date of application). Enter 07/31/YY in Item 2 on Form 552.
- Medical eligibility is backdated to 06/01.
- Needs items for IPE same as regular monthly needs.
- The case has no income.
- Issue a disbursing order for $50 rent.
- Compute the IPE as follows:
- Enter Item 80 code 100 IMPR with $3.00, Total IPE.
- (System) Determines regular monthly benefit based on entries in Items 28, 80, and 90.
- (System) Determines medical eligibility dates for prorate period to be 06/01 through 08/15 (day before first day of the first regular roll fiscal month).
- (System) Authorizes IPE for $3.00 (amount entered by FCRC in Item 80 code 100 IMPR), and medical card dated 06/01 - 08/15 for the prorate period. The IPE appears on the Mercury payroll about 3 days after the process date.
- (System) Issues Form 360C showing the availability date and amount of the IPE and the first regular roll benefit.
- (System) Places case on regular roll for August.